Thursday 29 October 2009

WHEEEEEEEEE!!!

We are good to go!!! I started the MDL yesterday and I begin the stims tomorrow. Every time I start a cycle, the part leading up to the stims, is like the long, slow ride up to the top of the first really big hill on a rollercoaster. You know, where you are filled with nervous anticipation and a teensy bit of fear. You watch as you move closer and closer to the top, awaiting the rush you get as you freefall down the opposite side of the hill. I am so ready to be racing toward the bottom of the first hill (and for the inevitable ups and downs of the smaller hills to follow.)

Last cycle (the cancelled one) I had absolutely no side effects from anything. No headaches. No tiredness. No sore boobs. Nothing. This time I am happy (well, maybe happy is not quite the right word) to announce that I feel like my head is cracking open, my face is peeling off and I have blood gushing out my ears! YeeeeeeOW!!! I don't remember EVER having a Lupron headache like this one. (This is good news, right??! Man, I hope I'm enduring this pain for a good reason.) And, I simply can't remember (although I am not sure if I ever knew, or if the pain is giving me early alzheimers) if you are not supposed to take Ex.ced.rine while stimming or is it that you are not supposed to take it during the ttw. Anyone out there know? I'm desperate! Ty.leno.l ain't doin' it. Help!

Outside of the debilitating pain, I'm about as excited as I allow myself to get about getting another shot at this. Tomorrow I add 225 of Follistim AM and PM and 1 Menopur once a day. And then on Tuesday, we'll see if more than just one follicle has decided to come to the dance this time around. (I have about 5 antral follicles. Same as last time and the time before that. So, I think that's now my norm.) As of tomorrow morning, I shall begin the endless chant of, "Grow little follicles! Grow!!" Sure, I know I'll get some strange looks from passersby and probably my clients as well, but, hey, chanting is supposed to help channel the power of the universe and right now I'm up for any help I can get! So, if you happen to pass a weird chanting woman on the streets of LA, don't feel shy about saying, "Hi!" (If you're not too embarrassed that is.)

3 comments:

  1. "Different" is good! Yes, I agree that if you're feeling different symptoms in the run-up then you will likely have a different, better cycle. Yay!

    P.S. Why do people put periods inside of brand names, e.g. tyl.en.ol? Can you get in trouble for using their name or are you denying them free advertising? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're right!! You can add periods to things that you don't want to be Google-able on your site. Like I probably wouldn't want traffic from people Googling Ty.len.ol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay yay yay! I am COMPLETELY jealous of your headaches. And your stomach-poke-holes. But I am happy you are on your way to "One More In 09!" (say it loud and proud). Me...(stealing the attention from your own post, so rude) just waiting for AF next week to see where's we at to get started. Grow, follicles, grow!

    ReplyDelete